Combine your two favourite dinners into one showstopper with our Chicken Jalfrezi Pie recipe! The filling couldn’t be any easier with Kohinoor’s Calcutta Jalfrezi sauce and you’ll certainly impress with this family friendly meal.
1 Kohinoor Calcutta Jalfrezi Cooking Sauce
2 tsp vegetable oil
450g chicken breast, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 tbsp grated ginger
50g mixed peppers, sliced
1 green chilli, chopped
1 packet ready-rolled puff pastry
1 tsp nigella seeds
2 eggs, beaten
- In a pan, heat the oil
- Add the onion, peppers, ginger, and green chilli. Sauté until the vegetables are lightly fried
- Add the chicken and cook for a few minutes until browned
- Add the Kohinoor Calcutta Jalfrezi Cooking Sauce and let the chicken cook within the sauce.
- Transfer to a pie dish and leave to cool for 10 minutes and heat the oven to 180˚C
- Lightly brush the edge of the pie dish with the beaten egg and lay the puff pastry on the top.
- Crimp the pastry to the dish and trim the excess. Cut a small hole to let the steam escape whilst baking.
- Lightly brush the pastry with egg and sprinkle on the nigella seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is puffed up and golden.
Kohinoor Calcutta Jalfrezi
A rich blend of tomatoes, peppers, and onion, perfectly spiced with ginger and chilli.